Keeping a clean house or office is important for many reasons. It can improve your mood, make you more productive, and create a healthier environment. But what cleaning supplies should you use to get the job done? That’s what we’re here to help you figure out. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover all the basics of cleaning supplies so that you can keep your space looking its best.
Types of Cleaning Supplies
There are many different types of cleaning supplies available on the market today. Knowing which ones you need depends on the type of surface you’ll be cleaning and the level of cleanliness you desire. Here are some common types of cleaning supplies:
-All-purpose cleaner: As the name suggests, all-purpose cleaners can be used on a variety of surfaces including countertops, floors, and appliances. All-purpose cleaners typically come in aerosol spray bottles and can be used with or without water.
– Glass cleaner: Glass cleaner is used to clean mirrors, windows, and other glass surfaces. Glass cleaner typically comes in a aerosol spray bottle and is applied directly to the surface being cleaned.
– carpet cleaner: Carpet cleaner is used to clean carpets and upholstery. Carpet cleaner usually comes in a liquid form and is applied to the surface with a sponge or trigger sprayer. Once the carpet cleaner has had time to penetrate the fabric, it is then vacuumed up.
– Furniture polish: Furniture polish is used to clean wood furniture and make it shine. Furniture polish usually comes in a aerosol spray bottle and is applied directly to the surface being cleaned.
In addition to cleaners, there are also a variety of cleaning tools available that can make cleaning quicker and easier. Here are some common cleaning tools:
– Mops: Mops are used to clean floors. There are two types of mops—string mops and sponge mops. String mops are best for hardwood floors or tile floors because they can reach into tight spaces and corners. Sponge mops are best for laminate floors because they don’t leave streaks.
– Brooms: Brooms are used to sweep floors or outdoor surfaces like patios or driveways. There are two types of brooms—push brooms and hand brooms Push brooms are best for large areas like sidewalks or parking lots while hand brooms work well for smaller areas like porches or patios.
– Vacuums: Vacuums are used to vacuum carpets or upholstery. Upright vacuums are best for large areas like living rooms or bedrooms while handheld vacuums work well for smaller areas like stairs or cars..
Cleaning Supplies Checklist
Now that we’ve gone over some of the different types of cleaning supplies and tools available, let’s put together a checklist of everything you might need to keep your home or office clean:
– All-purpose cleaner
– Glass cleaner
– Carpet cleaner
– Furniture polish
– Mop (string mop or sponge mop)
– Broom (push broom or hand broom)
Keeping your space clean doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming—especially if you have the right supplies on hand! By following this guide, you can stock up on everything you need so that you can keep your home or office looking its best all year long!