SEO strategy is crucial for overall digital marketing campaigns. SEO comprises an array of processes that help to gain top ranking on Google. The requirement to rank high is to adhere to Google guidelines, which are termed as ‘White hat SEO techniques’. Alternatively, if you stray away from the search engine protocols via loopholes to rank high, it is called ‘Black hat SEO techniques’.
You can hire professionals from SEO Agency Los Angeles. It is one of the best Los Angeles SEO companies with more than 10 years of experience.
What’s white hat SEO?
White hat SEO defines the best practices to be employed in enhancing website ranking on search engines. It means functioning within search engine protocols. White hat strategies are aimed at creating high-quality content for a better user experience and not using spammy optimization techniques to attract search engines.
Understand the difference between white hat and black hat techniques
Content marketers focus on increasing their ranks of SERPs. It doesn’t matter if they use white hat or black hat techniques, while SEO professionals take steps to satisfy Google’s algorithm. A high website ranking means you reach 86% of internet users all around the world. Let’s understand white SEO in comparison to black SEO.
- White hat SEO generates top-quality content, which matches user intent. Black hat SEO uses duplicated, heavy templates or low-quality content.
- Well-labeled images and relevant alt-tags are used in white hat SEO. Black hat SEO uses invisible text and keyword stuffing.
- Keywords are used organically in white hat SEO. While target keyword is overused in Meta tags, headers, or anchor tags in black hat techniques, which looks unnatural.
- White hat SEO adhered to search engine protocols and builds backlinks via genuine link-building strategies and guest posting. The black hat strategy depends on buying links.
Some of the black strategies seem similar to white hat SEO. It is focused on creating content strictly for Google rather than users. It is a practice called ‘Cloaking’. It is better to stay away from bad practices and create site authority using sustainable long-term SEO strategies.
Importance of white hat SEO
- Without white hat SEO, search engine results could be messy.
- Without search engine protocols, the website owner would depend on date SEO methods for ranking on SERPs.
- To find the information users would have to sieve through myriads of irrelevant sites.
- Google ensures that its algorithm rewards great content that fulfills the user’s search intent. This in turn encourages internet users to take help from search engines.
- Website owners can benefit from improved ranking without using unethical techniques.
- Users benefit as they find the information with ease via organic search.
White hat SEO is beneficial to Google, website owners, and internet users.
White hat SEO tips to implement
- Offer valuable content
- Satisfy user intent
- Make the website mobile friendly
Build business website reputation on solid white hat techniques. It takes time but the results are profitable and sustainable for the long-term.